Monday, February 26, 2007

To You

To you and not about you, for you and not inside you despite previously announced intentions, in you but not of you, and the plumbing down there is very complicated and very female.
Thank you for thinking of me even if you write about you, and you are right about you, you are not who anyone winking would be thinking about even when out.
The closet is closest and everyone has something to hide.
Let's ride.
My love is godly and my glove is goodly and my gold is lovely and my hold on you is behovely.
Show me the way to the next whisky bar. Snow me the way to the next fertile jar.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Jane (Sweet Jane the Amputee--Lou Reed's unpublished verses)

The poets studied rules of verse
and ladies rolled their eyes

Some people went out dancing
while other people smelled their lies.

Crazy women never fainted and villains blinked their hearts.

Crazy children still untainted
Didn't run around with tarts.

Anyone can play these parts
But some of us just fake it.

Anyone can play these parts
But some of us just jake it.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home