Monday, September 11, 2006

Miss Arden regrets

Miss Arden regrets she's unable to lunch today. Yesterday's post was basically a provocation, and wow, did it work! Molly regrets it, because of the firestorm that followed. (See, I like referring to myself in the third person.) But before reverting to her naughty nonpolitical self, she can't help observing, on this solemn fifth anniversary of the worst day in our history, that when some clown puts a crucifix in urine, the NEA threatens to cut his funding off, but when a cartoonist makes fun of muslim sacred cows, the bad guys threaten to cut his head off. There IS a difference. For "he" and "his" in these sentences, read "she" and "her" or even "I" and "my." I love pronouns. The world wide web exists because of them. A pronoun invented the Internet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right. A challenge: get through a day, or even an hour, without beginning a sentence with "I"? Can you do it?

I don't think so.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home