Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sleep

Cherry stem tied in knot,
wet ring on napkin,
dusk, slippery road.

Fall.
We're at it again.
I won't sleep,
eat only carrots or rice,
hold my breath the whole night we're sleeping/not sleeping.

I take the sleeping pill
days after dinner
years after the drinks
and only then, centuries later
feel the unravel the want
unloose the breathing
everything coming open for you.

The news reports dark eating, sleep feasting.
Bien, ambien, the flesh, the mess
and afterwards I sleep hard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Hot.
I saw this on the news -- people chewing chix bones and shit right in bed. But I never heard of this. Wish my wife was effected this way.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh bien, ambien! Vous avez raison comme d'habitude.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home