Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My "Career"

I began by feeling sorry for myself and then I realized
how beautiful I was bathing in a Greek island
while old men watched like the elders watching Suzanna.
Let them look.
Today I decided that I would do what I really wanted,
but I couldn't figure out what that was. Any suggestions?
An allergy attack in a public place is an embarrassment
that happened to me but my date was too busy watching
the Knicks lose to the Celtics to notice my tears.
I didn't want my career to flourish, which is probably
the secret of my success. It's like playing hard to get.
It won't work unless it's sincere.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lettershaper said...

Very much enjoyed my stroll through your blog...as a poet and an avid reader, I found it both an enlightening and enriching stay. I thank you...

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home